It Would Be an Honor, a Privilege, and My Duty to this Community“Interviewing with you would be an honor, a privilege, and, frankly, my duty to this community.” Those were the first words out of the mouth of Mexico's Shawn Quint (pictured), who appropriately goes by squintster here on PocketFives. Why are we interviewing him? He won a Triple Crown, of course. Quint told us it wasn't easy: “When I grinded in the States, I didn't venture off much from PokerStars and Full Tilt. Over the last 14 months, I've been grinding four to eight sites a day and haven't even come close to snagging one. Some guys make it look easy, but I assure you it's not.”
---
NoteCaddy Edge is an add-on package to NoteCaddy and Holdem Manager 2. Everything is configured for you already, with five different packages to choose from. Whether you are a specialist in tournaments, sit and gos, or cash games, you can have one of the best software setups you can imagine.
---
His Triple Crown qualifying wins came on Coral Poker, PokerStars, and PartyPoker in a four-day span in mid-January. His PokerStars win was a big one, as he took down the site's Sunday Kickoff, a $100,000 guaranteed prize pool tournament, and banked $28,000. All three legs were worth over 200 PLB Points.
Quint came to Central America for nightclub and beach photography, a hobby he pursued post-Black Friday after “mucking this stupid career [poker] in July of that year. I am happy to say I'm back thanks to sirswish6 recognizing I was in Mexico and getting me back on my feet.” He is quickly nearing $1 million in tracked cashes in his PocketFives profile and can be found on Full Tilt under the screen name dareya2call.
Here's his rather comical description of how he got back into poker while down in Mexico: “I shadowed some moron playing a $0.50 45-man sit and go, giving him pointers along the way. He eventually shipped it even after accidentally folding A-A pre-flop and the look on his face was priceless. A friend traveling with me at the time asked, 'So why aren't you playing this game for money again?' I then remembered why I tried to get good at poker in the first place: so I'd never have to be broke as long as I live.”
The “moron” in question was staying at Quint's hostel in Panama. “I saw the PokerStars lobby on his laptop and my mouth began to water,” Quint joked.
We mentioned that Quint was heavily into photography, which brought him out of the United States in the first place. He explained, “When not grinding the Hard Rock in Tampa during the summer of 2010, I was partying with some friends I made there. Frequenting the local bars and nightclubs, I kept seeing all of these photographers. I recognized that my hometown of Memphis, Tennessee didn't have much like that going on, so I figured with my connections in the promoting industry, I could possibly get something like nightclub photography to really take off.”
He continued, “It would also have other possible outlets like promotions and advertising to make a little money from. Most importantly, it was a cool idea and sure to be fun. I took it very seriously, hired a web designer and some photographers, and started right away. After a couple of months, everyone I knew had my logo on their Facebook photos.”
Then, life as he knew it changed rather abruptly: “I had a quarter-life crisis and just decided I wanted to travel. I dropped out of my graduating semester of college, sold everything I owned (including the new business to a foreign buyer from Atlanta), and bought a plane ticket to Panama City where I planned to take photos of people and print them out on the beach all day for peanuts. The rest is history.” He is now a member of the Mexico poker community.
Quint has been a member of PocketFives since the first month of 2008 and contributed around 1,300 posts to the site. He wanted to send a shout out to Seagrams Gin because “I'm drinking it and they're paying me for it. Now, let me get back to working on my second Triple Crown. squintster plays for the heaters.”
---
NoteCaddy Edge is an add-on package to NoteCaddy and Holdem Manager 2. Everything is configured for you already, with five different packages to choose from. Whether you are a specialist in tournaments, sit and gos, or cash games, you can have one of the best software setups you can imagine.
---
His Triple Crown qualifying wins came on Coral Poker, PokerStars, and PartyPoker in a four-day span in mid-January. His PokerStars win was a big one, as he took down the site's Sunday Kickoff, a $100,000 guaranteed prize pool tournament, and banked $28,000. All three legs were worth over 200 PLB Points.
Quint came to Central America for nightclub and beach photography, a hobby he pursued post-Black Friday after “mucking this stupid career [poker] in July of that year. I am happy to say I'm back thanks to sirswish6 recognizing I was in Mexico and getting me back on my feet.” He is quickly nearing $1 million in tracked cashes in his PocketFives profile and can be found on Full Tilt under the screen name dareya2call.
Here's his rather comical description of how he got back into poker while down in Mexico: “I shadowed some moron playing a $0.50 45-man sit and go, giving him pointers along the way. He eventually shipped it even after accidentally folding A-A pre-flop and the look on his face was priceless. A friend traveling with me at the time asked, 'So why aren't you playing this game for money again?' I then remembered why I tried to get good at poker in the first place: so I'd never have to be broke as long as I live.”
We mentioned that Quint was heavily into photography, which brought him out of the United States in the first place. He explained, “When not grinding the Hard Rock in Tampa during the summer of 2010, I was partying with some friends I made there. Frequenting the local bars and nightclubs, I kept seeing all of these photographers. I recognized that my hometown of Memphis, Tennessee didn't have much like that going on, so I figured with my connections in the promoting industry, I could possibly get something like nightclub photography to really take off.”
He continued, “It would also have other possible outlets like promotions and advertising to make a little money from. Most importantly, it was a cool idea and sure to be fun. I took it very seriously, hired a web designer and some photographers, and started right away. After a couple of months, everyone I knew had my logo on their Facebook photos.”
Then, life as he knew it changed rather abruptly: “I had a quarter-life crisis and just decided I wanted to travel. I dropped out of my graduating semester of college, sold everything I owned (including the new business to a foreign buyer from Atlanta), and bought a plane ticket to Panama City where I planned to take photos of people and print them out on the beach all day for peanuts. The rest is history.” He is now a member of the Mexico poker community.
Quint has been a member of PocketFives since the first month of 2008 and contributed around 1,300 posts to the site. He wanted to send a shout out to Seagrams Gin because “I'm drinking it and they're paying me for it. Now, let me get back to working on my second Triple Crown. squintster plays for the heaters.”